COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San Diego State senior Jaedon LeDee has been named the Mountain West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, while New Mexico’s JT Toppin was tabbed the MW Freshman of the Week.
MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JAEDON LEDEE, SAN DIEGO STATE
Senior, Forward, Houston, Texas/TCU
- Led San Diego State to a 3-0 record with wins over Long Beach State (88-76), Saint Mary’s (79-54) and Washington (100-97, OT).
- Averaged a double-double with 28.7 points and 12 rebounds, while shooting 57.1 percent (28-for-49) from the field and 84.8 percent (28-for-33) from the free-throw line.
- In the overtime victory against Washington, scored a career-best 34 points and grabbed 17 boards.
- Became first player in MW history to record at least 34 points and 17 rebounds, while shooting 50 percent from the field.
- Against Saint Mary’s, scored 25 points and added eight rebounds. Also registered two assists and two steals.
- Recorded a then career-high 27 points and 11 boards against Long Beach State. Also tallied three steals and two assists.
MEN’S BASKETBALL FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
JT TOPPIN, NEW MEXICO
Forward, Dallas, Texas/Faith Family Academy of Oak Cliff
- Helped New Mexico to an 82-80 victory over UT Arlington.
- Recorded first career double-double with a career-best 15 points and 10 rebounds, while shooting 63.6 percent (7-of-11) from the field. Also tallied one block.
- Played a career-high 27 minutes.