Connect with us

World

Man charged over random assault on actor Steve Buscemi in New York

Published

on

A man wanted in connection with the random attack on actor Steve Buscemi on a New York City street earlier this month was arrested on an assault charge on Friday, police said.

The 66-year-old star of Boardwalk Empire and Fargo was walking in midtown Manhattan on May 8 when a stranger punched him in the face, city police said.

He was taken to hospital with bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye, but was otherwise OK, his publicist said at the time.

Police charged a 50-year-old homeless man with second-degree assault on Friday in the same precinct where Buscemi was attacked.

Steve Buscemi was taken to hospital with bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye (PA)

Buscemi’s publicist did not immediately return a message. In previous comments, they said the actor was “another victim of a random act of violence in the city” and that he was OK.

In March, Buscemi’s Boardwalk Empire co-star Michael Stuhlbarg was hit in the back of the neck with a rock while walking in Manhattan’s Central Park.

Stuhlbarg chased his attacker, who was taken into custody outside the park.

Continue Reading